Whittamore’s Farm is a large 220 acre fruit and vegetable farm nestled beside the Rouge River Valley in Markham, Ontario. A wide variety of activities occur on our farm during the year, including pick-your-own strawberries and raspberries. Our Farm Shop is one of the largest in Ontario featuring the freshest fruits and vegetables in season. Whittamore’s Fun Farm Yard is open everyday and there’s lots for the family to see and do, including farm animals, sand toy lot, barn bouncer, pedal tractor track, climbers, slides and so much more. Our Pumpkinland then starts the last full weekend of September through the month of October. Our farm also hosts birthday parties, school tours, day camps and corporate functions. We invite you to visit us at Whittamore’s Farm to enjoy the great outdoors.
Pumpkinland – Harvest Festival Weekends – begins the 2nd last weekend of September and continues every weekend in October. Join in the family fun and experience the magic of the fall season at Pumpkinland and our Harvest Festival Weekends. Choose from thousands of Pumpkins and become a kid again as you chase your children through our Mazes and accompany them on a Wagon Ride through our Haunted Forest. Enjoy the best fall time entertainment around as Farmer Frank shoots and catapults pumpkins to unbelievable lengths at our farm umpkin Cannon Show, which runs several times each weekend day. Kids will love our two storey Tree Fort and Slide, along with our Farm Bouncer, Tractor Track, Spider Wed and Tire Climb and so much more …
News and Updates
Our season begins and we’ll be open on Friday, May 3rd, 7 days a week until October 31st. We will start this season with a unique selection of mixed garden plants, pots and hanging baskets. Opening just in time for Mother’s Day our Market will offer a selection of our signature preserves, baked goods and giftware.
Our FUN FARM YARD will provide hours of spring and summer delight for the whole family. Be a farmer for the day and get the whole family involved. Get to know the farm animals, play in our sand toy lots, drive a mini-tractor and more. Our most popular attraction is our Farm Bouncer and make sure you come and watch our exciting and funny “Whit’s Chick’s” an animated chicken show. Season’s passes are available for $ 30.00 a person and you can visit as many times as you wish throughout our entire season.
Planting will begin in early May in our Pick-Your-Own and as we eagerly await that season to begin sometime in mid-June.
COME FOR THE FRESHNESS … STAY FOR THE FUN … YOUR FARM IN THE CITY!
- Name: Whittamore's Farm
- Owner/Operator: Frank & Suzanne Whittamore
- Street: 8100 Steeles Ave. E.
- City: Markham
- Prov/State: ON
- Country: CA
- Postal Code: L6B 1A8
- Work Phone: 905-294-3275
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web Site: www.whittamoresfarm.com
- Attractions: Fun Farm Yard - Family fun on the Farm. Activities include farm animals, farm bouncer, tractor track, singing chicken show, wagon rides and much more. Harvest Festival Weekends - Pumpkinland starting second last weekend in September and every weekend in October. General Admission. 1000's of pumpkins, corn maze, wagon rides, pumpkin cannon show and lots more to do. General admission.
- Market Items: asparagus, rhubarb, garden plants, preserves, honey, maple syrup, cheese, scooped ice cream, fresh Ontario fruits & vegetables, seasonal giftware, pumpkins, squash, gourds, indian corn, bales, cider
- PYO Items: strawberries, raspberries, green peas, green & yellow beans, snow peas, new potatoes, beets, eggplant, melons, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, autumn strawberries and raspberries, broccoli
- Hours: May - Oct: Open daily, call 905-294-3275 for hours of operation.
- Grow: strawberries, raspberries, green peas, green & yellow beans, snow peas, new potatoes, beets, eggplant, melons, cucumbers, sweet corn, tomatoes, peppers, autumn strawberries and raspberries, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, pumpkins