Martin’s Family Fruit Farm Ltd.
The name “Martin” is part of Waterloo Region’s history. It’s also part of Waterloo Region’s apple-growing history. Martin’s Family Fruit Farm , owned and operated by Leighton, Steve, Ken and Kevin Martin, began in 1971 when a Yugoslavian hired farm-hand with orchard experience convinced Leighton Martin to plant 100 apple trees. More trees were planted each year, and to keep up with the demand, expansions to storage and packing facilities were undertaken in the 1980s and 1990s. A further expansion to the retail store in 2007 has resulted in today’s fully integrated vertical apple operation. It includes the growing and production of apples, all the way down the chain to wholesale and retail sales of apples, and the further processing of apples into products such as cider and apple butter.
While apples are definitely the focus of the Martin Family Fruit Farm operations, pear trees have been around almost as long as the apple trees. To offer customers a fuller line of local products, the Martin’s have diversified their retail store to include seasonal local fruits and vegetables, maple syrup, honey, jams, jellies, relishes and preserves. In addition to the retail store, which is open year-round, Martin’s Family Fruit Farm products are also available at the St. Jacob’s Farmers Market.
News and Updates
1420 Lobsinger Line, RR #1
Waterloo ON CA N2O 4G8
- Name: Martin's Family Fruit Farm Ltd.
- Owner/Operator: Steve Martin
- Street: 1420 Lobsinger Line,
- City: Waterloo
- Prov/State: ON
- Country: CA
- Postal Code: N2J 4G8
- Work Phone: 519-664-2750
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web Site: www.martinsapples.com
- Attractions: Annual two day open house to take place on October 3 & 4, 2008
- Market Items: apples, grapes, peaches, pears, beans, blueberries, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, cherries, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, onions, peas, peppers, plums, pumpkins, raspberries, squash, strawberries, tomatoes, cider
- PYO Items:
- Hours: Open year round, Mon. to Fri. from 8:00 to 6:00, Saturday 8:00 to 4:00, closed on Sundays
- Grow: apples, grapes, peaches, pears