The Power of Healthy Tension:
Thriving in a World of Increased Polarization and Complexity
with Tim Arnold
Leaders are ineffective when they can’t navigate conflicting points of view. Tim Arnold helps you understand
the chronic issues that hold back leadership and teamwork so you can thrive!
As leaders, we often treat every challenge as a problem to be solved, with a right or wrong answer: Planning or Action? Structure or Flexibility? Change or Stability? But this “either/or” thinking is a dangerous trap! To be a better leader — both at work and at home — we need to realize that many of life’s challenges are tensions to be managed.
“The Power of Healthy Tension” provides a simple framework that allows leaders to tap into the power of “both/and” thinking. By doing this, we gain a massive competitive advantage, and move from surviving to thriving.
- Embrace Diverse Perspectives: Gain the ability to work effectively with people who have different opinions and perspectives than your own.
- Communicate More Effectively: Learn the difference between a problem to solve and a tension to manage, and the skills required to communicate conflicting points of view.
- Make Better Decisions: Learn a thoughtful and deliberate decision-making approach when dealing with complex issues.
Why It Delivers:
- Relevant and Timely: It feels like the world around us is becoming more polarized each day. Embracing healthy tension has never been more critical to success.
- Practical and Actionable: Real-world examples make sense of the framework and provide skills you can apply right away.
- Interactive and Fun: No one wants to attend another boring talk. Audience interaction, small group discussions and group activities will bring the workshop to life and make it memorable.
OFFMA Members $85 + HST
OFFMA Team Rate(3) $230 + HST
Non-members $150 + HST
Lunch and refreshments included.